Monday, August 6, 2007

In My Image



My son is sometimes like a mirror image of me when I was a child. He is forever curious, always experimenting and sketch paper is never too far away. I've never needed him to be an artist for my sake, but I watch in awe as it comes natural for him and seems to be a native language of his soul. I am grateful for this wonder in my children and can't help but ponder if God felt this instinctive bond when he said in the Bible that "We are created in His image"? (Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.)
How differently would we act, feel or live if we confidently saw ourselves as reflections of a heavenly father? As reflections of God? My son seems very pleased and prideful when I talk about how much we have in common and how he does things 'like me'. Hmmm....Would we feel closer to God knowing that we are like him and he delights in us?

This is a digital page I made using Adobe Fireworks. I scanned his animal drawings in, used the magic wand to remove the white so the sketch lines were the only thing left. Then I arranged them around a faded image of his face and typed his question that he asked his dad. And yes--the pictures are hanging on the wall of his father's high school Spanish classroom.:-)

3 comments:

Rita S. said...

Love your digi layout and love reading your thoughts - I concur - scrapbooking makes me take more notice of life around me.

Michele Kovack said...

This is such an incredible page...wow! I saw your thread on MM forum...I entered too. I was disappointed to not win...but next time maybe...I need to scrap again for me...not just for publication! Just had to check out your blog...will come back soon!

Stacy said...

Congrats on your new blog! I will be visiting often. So get to work... I want to see some of your awesome stuff!