Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tall Layouts



Wow--you are seeing more and more vertical layouts these days. I have fallen in love with this style because of the freedom it gives me. I feel like there is so much room and I can use my smaller photos without looking having them look dwarfed by the 12 inch size paper. These are two of my latest 6"x12" layouts. I find that wallets, 3.5x5 and vertical 4x6 photos tend to work the best for this size composition. Remember gravity--largest and heaviest objects toward the bottom...so just as it is important for a skyscraper to have a good solid foundation, a tall layout needs some 'grounding' too! To ground your design, place a photo or darker/larger paper at the bottom of the layout.

6 comments:

Carol Weimer said...

Just found your site thanks to Allison at Stampin when I can. Love everything about it. I especially like the chic necklace you made. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I'll definetly be back...and I'd love to add you to my favorites on my site...if I may.

Taryn said...

Hey Amy! Just found your blog through the AMM website!

Your layouts look great!

Guess who I ate dinner with last week?

Tinkering Ink!

I'll get in touch!

So many exclamation points!

Aluguel de Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Smartphone said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

stacy said...

Just trying to catch up on everything I missed these past months. I love those 6 x 12 layouts. I started 8 1/2 x 11 for that same reason. I looked at your year in review. What a great idea! I am glad I got to see some of those pieces in person! Great work as always!!!! Very creative Artist Girl!!!!

j24teach said...

Hey Amy!

This is REALLY neat! I wish I was that artistic!!