Thursday, December 13, 2007

10th Anniversary Cake




As you can tell by the pictures, I used a magazine inspiration for this piece. I adore quilting and looking at fabrics--not because I sew mind you, but because of the patterns and colors. I am in awe of the coordination and design of textiles when they are used in harmony. I saw this advertisement for purlsoho and couldn't take my eyes of it. I said to myself--hey this isn't much differnt from scrapbooking! So I visually worked at conquering this challenge by playing off the idea of stacking layers. I stacked layers of patterned paper and embellishments. While I was working with it, I noticed it looked like a tier cake...so I went with that! This was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

krista said...

i LOVE this. so unique and creative. i love all of your work but especially this one!